Monday 21 March 2011

New week - New Running shoes!

My NEW Brooks T7 Racing shoes :-)


Its now only 15 weeks to go until my first off road Ultramarathon event on the Sussex South Downs UK.

Although I will need some decent trail shoes before the event, many of my miles will be smashed out on the tarmac so ive demoted my old Asics and bought myself a pair of Brooks...arguably one of the finest running shoes suppliers there is.

Broke them in nicely today (Monday 21st March) with an afternoon 10 miler through some local Suffolk villages, sounds corny but it really did feel like running on air and certainly made the distance easier than it would have been with my older shoes!!

Aiming for 30 plus miles of running this coming week so that bit a nice chunk out of my schedule and set the training week up nicely.

Nutrition wise I am still consuming large amounts of Raw fruits and salads but also allowing myself a few treat meals as and when I feel like them so I dont feel too denied and get all stressed out and bin the idea altogether, but one things for sure this summer the low fat raw approach will feature highly in support of my training as my energy levels and training recovery have both shown huge increases all in the last 14 days AND with some bad food choices too!! :-/

I also have two gym sessions planned for this week working on core and leg strength, overall conditioning and  interval based cardio followed by some much needed rest and recovery to minimise the injury risk.

So far - so good and im enjoying the increase in health and fitness simply by having a training focus..until next time....

1 comment: