Monday 6 June 2011

End of the long road

Unfortuantely due to a recurrence of an old groin injury which comes back to haunt me and hinder my running for the next couple of days after long runs of an hour or more, I have taken the decision to pull out of the Ultramarathon this time around.

I could have gone ahead and walked most the way but ive walked 30 miles many times in my life and its not really the challenge i was hoping for...5-6 hours of running off road may have damaged it long term so its not worth the risk.

If you have been following my progress i apologise that it didnt have a positive end result and im not discounting trying to train for such an event again in the future.

Paul

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul,
    I'm sorry to hear that you've had to pull out due to injury.
    I hope all your other plans / training are going well.
    Cheers,
    Devaughn.

    ReplyDelete